Thursday 29 January 2009

Thanks a Pantload...

...to the junkie loser who broke into Keating Towers today, stole my new Acer Aspire mini-laptop (mine for but 10 summer days), took my daughter’s piggy bank, and worst of all - made me miss the one-time-only Triffids reunion gig I was just about to go to with a friend, when Ms LE rang with the news.

However, the final victory of this long, blistering summer day is mine. My four year old made it all better with this line: "daddy, tomorrow I'll get out my magnifying glass, and we'll solve this mystery...".

HAHAHA! Take that junkie loser.

Oh and cheers to the phone guy at Ticketmaster for the full and immediate refund on the Triffids tix he organised, against their own general refund policy. Really wasn’t expecting that touch of humanity on a paint-peelingly torrid 43 degree day like this.

Adelante.

7 comments:

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Bummer. I hates me a thief.

Nice that it elicited such excellent responses from daughter and ticketing dude though. Which you would not otherwise have seen.

Lefty E said...

True Pav. Sigh... sweaty long day. Worse over your way I hear! :(

Anonymous said...

Damn. That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.
Ohhhh... my ovaries...

Anonymous said...

bad luck. But I love the daughters response.

I don't suppose it would make you feel better to tell you I knocked back free ticks to see The Triffids and Friends Play the Songs of David McComb last night.

Lefty E said...

It really a classic line, yes FXH, that one's going straight to the pool room, for the 21st speech.

And no - that news doesnt make me feel better about the Triffids!

Damn you junkie loser!

Anonymous said...

Lefty - do you see it as somewhat ironic or poetic or synchronicity that you atribute yourself missing a recital of Mr McComb's music to the actions of a "junkie loser"?

Lefty E said...

Hmmmm, you're right FXH. I should ponder these events further.

Although, first thoughts... McComb: most definitely not a loser. Whatever else he may have been. In his art, in his magnificence.

Spanish blue,

LE