Sunday 23 November 2008

Lusobeats #1: Bolinha da Sabão (Soap bubble)

Ok, I know I'm doing these posts on the cheap since I worked out how to embed video, but the fact is I'm a big fan of Brazilian music - especially Bossa Nova of the early João Gilberto/ Tom Jobim variety - but also 60s Lusopop outfits like Trio Esperança, formed in Rio De Janeiro in 1961. This is partly because I do believe Portuguese to be one of the best world languages for song. This particular track, Bolinha da Sabão is crazy. I just can't get enough of this upbeat Luso-lounge 60s pop.

So, if you ever see some wired-for-sound cat on a Melbourne train singing "tum plec tum pling" a bit too loud for surrounding passengers' comfort ... well, let's just pretend we don't know each other, sim?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this song on a Brazilian compilation. Must say I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beo_jHowU-I

Lefty E said...

Thats freaky Amanda - I was listening to that just the other day!

Yep: thats bossa, as they say.