Monday 22 November 2010

Caravelserai!

Yes, as part of my new seaborne web diary series, I'll be coming up with a new lameass compound pun every week. Stay tuned for more dubious segues from early Portuguese colonialism in Asia to my new obsessions with contemporary vids and books.

So, as you may know, I left Fort Solor and, glimpsing our fort of Lifau off the port side, headed southward. What books are currently on O Capitão's shelf, I hear you cry? Well might you ask. Once I'm done with Goodbye to all that, the following are in store for me.

Comments, and suggestions for first tract off the rack welcome. And any I really shouldn't waste time on too.

* signals considerable anticipatory excitement from me, based on authors previous work

** signals added anticipatory excitement from me, based on authors previous work AND known connection with early Portuguese voyages to Asia.

  • Roberto Bolano: 2066*, Amulet, The Skating Rink
  • David Sedaris: When you are engulfed in flames
  • Alberto Moravia: Contempt
  • Augusten Burroughs: Dry
  • Irene Nemirovsky: David Golder
  • Boyd Oxlade: Death in Brunswick
  • Jose Saramago: The Elephant's Journey**
  • JD Salinger: Franny and Zooey*

No comments: