Saturday 21 June 2008

Bite my Interregnum!

Well, apologies to those happy few who do stop by BmL from time to time. I've been overseas and unable to blog of late. However, I have accrued some interesting material in Havana, and will post it up as soon as I shake this jetlag.

Meanwhile, dig this: Did you know Fidel Castro's HQ during the Bay of Pigs campaign was in a Cuban town called 'Australia'?

Me neither! Apparently there was a sugar mill there in the early 1900s, run by a firm called Central Australian Sugar. Just off the Havana - Santa Clara highway.

Here, then, is a pic taken in Australia, Cuba.

And don't tell me I never get ya nuthin.

7 comments:

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Yes, those are definitely foreign trees.

(As if the billboard were not enough evidence.)

Lefty E said...

Pav! You win the Betty Cuthbert Latte award for quickest comment ever. sharp work!

Anonymous said...

Lefty

can you drop me an email? fxholden@netspace.net.au

Lefty E said...

Done, FXH!

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

*Accepts with eyes modestly downcast*

Anonymous said...

Nice beret. Nice glasses. Nice pointing.
[points]

Lefty E said...

Yes, it's got it all.