Saturday 6 February 2010

Fort Temperança

Here at BmL, we've taken the pledge. The Febfast pledge!

Word from the Capitão is: absolutely no drinking vinho verde and hanging out over the fort walls, yelling abuse at the Holandês, and/or any rebellious Topasses laying siege to our sandalwood booty, for four whole weeks.

Plan is not so much to raise funds for, um, whatever it raises funds for (haven't actually looked - but I will, and will totes donate some of the savings), but rather, to see if we can't erm, circumnavigate certain waist latitudes better after 4 weeks off the weekend boozing.

I'm glad they picked Fevereiro anyway. Only 28 days of this merda.

4 comments:

Fyodor said...

Heh. 28 days later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKnVhdN5rw

Good luck!

WV: "pronong" and proud of it.

Lefty E said...

hehe. If only *I* got to pog creme de menthe half way through this one Id be happy.

9 days and counting....

Anonymous said...

So how's it going, mate? I feel much chastened, having just woken up with a mild hangover and realising how often that happens. And on a school day too.

Lefty E said...

tut tut, school night drinking! Erm, main outcome was that I lost 4 kilos. Believe it or not, it turns out that beer guts are caused by beer. Who knew? I also felt less depressed the night after (found out that hangovers get me down - dont know why it had never occurred to me) and generally had more energy and vigour all around.

Naturally, in light of those results, Ive been completely sozzled for the last two days. :)