Thursday 19 February 2009

Deux Oiseaux

So, if you're up late preparing a course for Semester One, then we are deux oiseaux of a feather. I don't know if I've ever mentioned how much I love France Gall on the blog before [*cue game show buzzer sound*] but this is a tres happy song, which is a fine brain curative for those currently locked in a steamy tryst with a course guide, of no fixed endpoint.

And I'll tell you another thing, the French have got this much right: plurals are groovier when ending in "eaux".

7 comments:

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

"those currently locked in a steamy tryst with a course guide, of no fixed endpoint."

Oh God, the memories are all coming flooding back. Like gastro-oesophageal reflux.

You're making me very very happy that I no longer rendezvous with course guides. The massive pay cut and ongoing work uncertainty are but drops of birdshit in the rainwater tank of happiness.

WV: fugge. It's as if they know.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Merde d'oiseau, even.

Lefty E said...

Yes Pav -Im just back to it after 7 years as an RF, so its still got the little thrill of difference (thats in French prononciation, btw). Im sure disullusion will kick in by Sem 2!

And - good on you for taking the bold path!

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Well, I did the full-on aca thing for 17+ years and was very happy (if overworked, largely by choice comme toujours) for more than half that time, and in a different department/discipline/university I might have continued to be so. Luck of the draw, I think.

I will kick myself when you tell me, I'm sure, but what is RF?

Lefty E said...

Research fellow. They are a bit more common now than a few years back, when you left academia, so no need to kick!

You were at Melbourne , no? Most outsiders would consider that a great gig - but so often you tales indicating the opposiite!

Lefty E said...

"hear tales".... that is

Lefty E said...

hey, I can make this blog look like its really cooking by correcting my previous posts.